Rattly And Raw has released Martin France Drums, a highly detailed and realistic-sounding drum kit instrument for NI Kontakt and the free Kontakt Player. Martin France Drums is the first product in Rattly And Raw’s high-end Signature Range of collaborations with outstanding professional musicians.
Martin France Drums features:
– Prized vintage and modern drums and cymbals, including a very rare 1920s Slingerland Radio King with gut snares, Old A and K Zildjian cymbals from the 1950s, 60s and 70s, and a snare built from 700-year-old submerged wood.
– All instruments played by one of the world’s most technically skilled drummers, Martin France.
– Performance page with beautiful kit photos and control over the sound and response of each kit piece.
– Mixer page with 13 user-adjustable microphone channels.
– Microphone decay controls for anything from a vast explosive roomy sound to a completely dry “dead room” sound.
– FX page with processing that suits both acoustic and electronic music genres.
– Fast and unique MIDI learn page for easy integration with e-drums, pads or keyboards.
– Advanced voice playback system that avoids “machine-gunning” and eases system load.
– Dozens of kit and FX presets for contemporary and classic styles.
– Crossgrade to the full version of Kontakt from NI for a reduced price.
– Works in the Free Kontakt Player (supplied) or full version of Kontakt 5.5.1
– 36 kit pieces (4 bass drums, 8 snares, 8 toms, 5 hi-hats, 8 rides, 3 crashes)
– Over 32,000 samples
– 32GB total sample size, losslessly compressed to 14GB
– 24 custom impulse-response reverbs
MARTIN FRANCE BIO
Martin France has been drumming professionally for over thirty-five years. He began his recording career in 1983 with Manfred Eicher’s ECM label, and has subsequently played on over one hundred albums. Martin has performed and recorded with musicians such as Elvis Costello, Dave Gilmour, Nils-Petter Molvaer, Kenny Wheeler, and The Yellowjackets, as well as with numerous orchestras and big bands. He has performed in five continents including concerts and tours in over forty countries. Martin is currently Professor of Jazz Drums and Percussion at the Royal Academy of Music in London, UK.
QUOTES FROM PROFESSIONAL USERS
Bill Bruford (King Crimson, Yes, Genesis) said: “Martin France is a drummer’s drummer, a musician’s musician. The package offers not only an unusual but classic choice of drums which suit any music, but also years of experience in what they should sound like.”
Jon Kelly (Kate Bush, Paul McCartney) said: “Martin France is a very very good drummer, and this is his very very good sample library! These drums are as good as it gets, the quality of the sound and tone of the drums is exceptional.”
Damian Taylor (Björk, Prodigy, Arcade Fire, Killers, Frou Frou) said: “This is a freakishly detailed and lifelike instrument for a real person to really play. Next level stuff.”
Cameron Craig (Björk, Unkle, Sia, Duffy) said: “An amazingly detailed drum library from an amazing drummer and the Mark the Release at Rattly and Raw. The amount of control you can muster from this instrument is incredible, from tuning, damping and effecting the drums, it’s like recording with real drums and so much more.”
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
– Price: £99
– Martin France Drums is available to purchase as a download directly from Rattly And Raw.
– Special offer during the first month of release: bonus free product of customer’s choice.
– Web page with video demos: http://www.rattlyandraw.com/martin-france-drums.html