Sample Magic updates Magic AB referencing plug-in with dozens of new features
Developer Sample Magic has announced a major update to its industry-standard instant referencing AB plug-in.
The concept behind Magic AB is simplicity itself — an easy-to-use but powerful utility plug-in that allows producers, engineers and mastering engineers to switch between their DAW audio stream and up to nine reference tracks in an instant.
Version 2 takes the elegant simplicity of the original award-winning plug-in and offers numerous new features and workflow improvements, including:
- Entirely rebuilt one-click referencing engine that loads all popular and professional audio file formats from WAV and AIFF to mp3 and m4a — no need to convert files first.
- New Latch, Sync, and Manual playback modes to suit various workflows (Latch playback to DAW transport; Sync playback to DAW timeline; Manual playback — for freeform referencing).
- Multiple cue and loop points per track; cue point naming as standard.
- Mono-stereo monitoring.
- High-resolution output meters coupled with peak, RMS, and crest monitoring scales.
- Redesigned Mini AB with more options and smaller footprint.
- Dozens of user-flow tweaks, including RAM-saving deactivate tracks mode; drag and drop files; more accurate zoom; all-new preset system.
Since its inception Magic AB has garnered a legion of A-list fans, including Dave Pensado (“Magic AB is a time saver, a hard drive space saver and it allows you the control you need to really reference…”); Pete Boxsta Martin (“Magic AB is totally amazing; I use it every day…”); Bobby Owsinski (“I use it on every new track to balance the sound right from the start…”) and Joachim Garraud (“I’m using this amazing plug-in every day…”).
Magic AB v2 is available as a £9.90 upgrade for registered users or a special introductory offer price of £44.90 (RRP £49.90) from here: https://www.samplemagic.com/details/184/magic-ab