LA based sound design and software developers Spectrasonics have unveiled the much anticipated follow up to their multi-award winning virtual instrument Omnisphere at the 2015 NAMM show in Anaheim, California.
Due for release on April 30th, Omnisphere 2.0 boasts a truly gargantuan set of new features including audio import, lots of new waveforms, wavetable and granular synthesis, additional sounds and FX and enhanced browsing functionality.
Other stand out features include:
– Audio Import – Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
– Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator – an increase of 100X
– 8 New Filter Types – New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators
– Now includes over 10,000 sounds
– More than 3,000 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Mark the Release
– Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements
– New Mini-Browser available at all times
– Larger Full Browser Design
– Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the librarySound Lock™ allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse
– Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third party libraries
– 25 New FX Units
– Flexible New FX Features including 16 FX units per PTCH
Omnisphere 2.0 GBP pricing is TBC and there will be an upgrade path for existing Omnisphere users.
There will be a free grace period upgrade to Omnisphere 2.0 for any purchases of Omnisphere from October 2014 thru May 2015.
Find out more at: http://www.timespace.com/omnisphere2