Klanghelm DC8C advanced compressor v1.2
WiN OSX RETAiL | 55 MB
DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around.
While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it’s general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.
Vote, and then, in comments leave a review, if you want or you can spend a few minutes ... .. go to expression ...
If you aim for colour you can choose between two saturation models.
From opto style, peak compression, external sidechaining, RMS compression, Feedback, Feedforward compression (and everything inbetween) to negative ratios, zero latency brickwall limiting, from snappy transient treatment to smooth transient rounding – everything is possible.
• detector network and gain reduction smoothing for extra smooth operation
• choose between two different attack and two release curves
• clean mode (100% clean compression with no intermodulation, no distortion, no aliasing)
• up to 8x oversampling
• sidechain filter with high pass & low pass filter plus tilt control, which let’s you shift the frequency response
of the detector
• customize the program dependency of the compressor seperately for Attack and Release
• GR-smoothing control to dertermine, how sensitive the compressor reacts to changes in the computed gain
reduction, great to emulate opto style compression
• hold control for heavy pumping compression effects
• pre comp control to delay the start of the attack to leave transients completely alone or radically shape the attack
• calibration control not only to set the reference level for the meters but also for the whole signal path.
the higher the value, the softer the compression characteristics and the lower the saturation amount
• unique Feedback-Mix-Control, which lets you determine, how much of the compressor’s output is fed back into the detector.
This way it is possible to morph between Feedback and Feedforward Compression topologies
• zero latency limting mode
• true zero attack (0.0 ms)
• negative ratios possible
• parallel compression, peak-compression, RMS-compression
• external sidechain (AU version: only stereo at the moment as separate version)
• sidechain listen
• easy mode which featuring chronicle this 4 different compression styles
• lots of comprehensive presets to keep you started
04/12/12 – DC8C 1.1.0
-OSX: better behaviour of the switches
-FIX: SC-HPF in EASY mode is working now
-slightly cleaner GUI, better readability of the value displays
-redesigned sidechain filters
-GR meter now reflects actual gain reduction and attack/release times
-NEW: soft bypass (by clicking at the meters, smooth transition from compressed to clean signal and vice versa)
-NEW: SIDECHAIN LISTEN
-NEW: external sidechain
-AU: sidechaining only possible in seperate stereo version of the plugin (DC8Csc) for now
04/12/12 – DC8C 1.1.1
-FIX: output getting lower when increasing input gain
-NEW: VST3 support (OSX/WIN SOFTWARE 32&64bit)
-NEW: External sidechaining in EASY mode
-REMOVED: zero latency switch: DC8C is now always zero latency
-FIX: MIX knob in easy mode is working now as expected
-FIX: (OSX) flickering of the value displays, when moving a control